Monday, May 29, 2006

This Weekend

The kids, Mr. Magoo and I flew down to Evansville this weekend to go to a family reunion. The reunion was a lot of fun. It was incredibly hot, but fun! We took my Grandmother with us, since my parents are out of town this weekend. The reunion was in Kentucky, and about an hour away from my parents house. Their property is amazing. They have a giant oak tree in their yard! This tree is so huge that the entire family was able to sit under it and have some shade!

The kids had fun playing with their cousins. While we were driving down they kept asking about "the baby," and wondering if "the baby" would be there. Well- they got their wish, and Alexandria was there for them to enjoy. Chicky Magoo 2 had a good time, and even showed that she had a little sharing left in her! To my amazement, she let "the baby" hold her baby! Of course, we all kept telling her how good that was, which is I'm sure, why she kept it up. Whatever works!!

Chicky Magoo 1 enjoyed her divinity candy. Great Gran had made lots of candy for the party. She made some divinity, which if you have never tasted....you are missing out!! It is a white creamy candy, that is basically sugar! YUM!

I'm glad we were able to come, and hopefully we will be back next year too! I got some of the family tree figured out while I was there too. I took some papers for people to fill out, and got some helpful information on the genealogy track! It does make genealogy research easier when you are sitting with about 75 relatives! Ha Ha!

Have a good Memorial Day!

No comments: