Friday, March 10, 2006

Throw Some Paint on the Walls

This past weekend, we decided to take the plunge and paint one of the walls in the living room, and a few sections above the fireplace. We have talked about this for a while, but as with most projects that go on in our house, we just hadn't done it yet! When we mentioned this to several people, they acted as though, Mr. Magoo and I painting this ourselves was the most insane thing they had ever heard. I think it was because of this, that we were determined to do it ourselves!

I called my friend, Jen, who is a sales rep for Sherwin-Williams. She was nice enough to bring us a huge selection of colors, and told us about a paint that kids can even draw on and it come off! So- off to the store to buy the color and get started. Thanks Jen!

I am terrified of heights, but I managed to get up on the ladder to paint. Again- I'm sure it was the challenge that got me up there. So- just for proof, this is me on the ladder! :)

It took about 5 hours to paint, and now we are in need of some pictures on the wall! We are happy it is done though, and can't believe the kids were good enough through the whole process that we could actually do this while they were awake!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow!!! a. & j. actually got it done with k. & h. awake!!!
tate [[ ur god daughter]]

Anonymous said...

Great minds think alike, we just painted the same color in our living room. I LIKE IT!!