Monday, May 18, 2009

Happenings

This past few days has been a little crazy. May always is with all of the end of year activities! This week is our last "crazy week" for a while, and then we are looking forward to next week as things wind down. The kids are getting anxious for their recital and all of the end of year activities! Here are a few highlights of our past few days/weeks.

We just had Chicky Magoo 1's Birthday party. Yes, her birthday was 2 months ago, but hey, we just are getting around to celebrating with her friends. She had a bowling party and had a blast with her friends. It is fun to watch them all grow up! 8 year old birthday parties are a LOT different than a 4 year old party.

My cousin just had her baby! YEA! Can't wait to meet you little one!

Mr. Magoo and I went to a Gala this weekend, black tie attire and all. It was fun and we apparently know more people than we realized! Free drinks and interesting people to talk to always equals a good time!

We had our yard sale! Can you say the crazies were out? The police were actually called about an incident down the street. My guess was it was either over parking or a 25 cent item. People are so insane!! We made some good money, and it was worth it I think. We didn't do a whole lot of prep work, but I just priced things as the day went on, and we finally got it all out there! We only had 4 boxes at the end of the day, so I felt good about that! I did get a kick out of how many times I had to kick people out of the garage though. "Hey people, stuffs in the yard, not the garage, which is why I'm sitting here trying to block you from getting in the garage. Um no, this chair that I'm sitting in is not for sale." And the ever popular "No- we don't have any instruments or tools." which actually means "No- we don't have anything here that you can buy at a bargain price and mark up on Ebay to make millions."

Got together with my bunco group! It is always a good time, and I think we talk, eat and this time danced more than we played the actual game. If you have never had a Cherry Long Island you need to try one! They are good, but a little scary good. Tastes a little like a Shirley Temple, and we ALL love our friend Shirley...
...which might be why there was excessive dancing and trash talk during the game.
1 oz White Rum 1 oz Cherry Vodka 1 oz Gin 1/2 oz Triple Sec 1/2 oz Cherry Juice 1/2 oz Sweet & Sour Top off with ice and Sprite

Book club was interesting this month! We read Three Cups of Tea and had some good discussion. We all tried the tea they talk about in the book. YUCK! I don't know if anyone liked it! Sort of tasted somewhere between sweet dirt and liquid butter that had gone bad. I know- sounds tempting doesn't it. :)

Hope you all didn't miss me posting too much!

1 comment:

Auntie Magoo said...

You aren't lying about the crazies @ the garage sale.....they were out in full force!!