Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Heart My Tab Key! Becky

Update:
My friend Becky is so awesome! She has now made my Top 10 Awesomeness-iest list! Guess you can't be the greatest web designer and not know how to fix such things as tabbing! Thank God someone knew how to fix it! Why am I not surprised that somehow this is my fault.....

Is tabbing so hard? Tabbing you ask! Yes, tabbing. When you fill out a form online with your name and address. Doesn't seem like it should be hard does it? Well- you wouldn't think so!

I would like to ask the people who make all websites, WHY does it have to be hard? You design extensive websites with immense functionality. Is it too much to ask to design the site so that when I tab my way through filling out the monotonous forms that you NOT SKIP THE STATE!!! I have been peeved at this for some time now, and I feel I'm being reasonable. Why can't you tab to the state? You can tab from Name to Address. Address to City. But then somewhere in the mix, tabbing from City will only take you to Zip Code!?! WHHHYYYYYYYYY!! Why mighty web designer? Why must I click the mouse to find my state?!?

It might seem trivial to you, but to me it is an annoyance I can no longer put up with. I have become a tab snob I realize. Not wanting to click the mouse pad on the laptop as if I am somehow better than it, but I love the little tab key. It is a useful friend. Please people who design websites. Please come up with a way to tab to the State. I think I will start a petition. Of course I have no one to send it to. But it will make me feel better to know I am not alone!

4 comments:

Aunt Magoo said...

My signature......

Aunt Magoo

I totally agree!

the bucia said...

DITTO!!!!!

Mr. Magoo said...

I'm signing it.

Becky said...

If you're using Firefox: http://www.slashdotdash.net/2007/09/05/firefox-on-mac-os-x-tab-problem/

:)