Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Birthdays Rock!

Happy Birthday To ME! So today I'm turning 31. If anyone else besides my parents remember, the exact moment will be around dinner time this evening! :)

I have always wondered why people get so upset about birthdays? It is just turning one year older? What is the big deal? As my Grandpa says "It is better than the alternative!" Do people really not get that EVERYONE on the planet is another day older, each day? Does this bother everyone that as a whole we are aging? It must, I guess.

The only birthday that even sort of bothered me was my 25th. I think it was at that point that I realized that responsibility had sort of set in, and college was behind me. Ok- and that I had to check the next box when I was asked the age question: I was now in the 25-30 category. Other than that one, I just think of it as another great day for people to offer gifts! :D

(Ok- for those of you who don't know me...I think gifts are the greatest things going! Giving or Receiving!)

We are heading up to Mr. Magoo's parents today. Tomorrow is the big trip to Vegas! Mr. Magoo and I have planned this trip for about 4 years, and it is finally here.



(Me with all of my gifts!)




Knowledge of Ms. Magoo (tm)
Favorite Bet: All on Black
(I've lost several people a few bucks when they were in Vegas playing for me, but it is still fun to say)
On My Mind Lately: When you are driving around, what is the percentage of people you pass by who are lost?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Ames!!!, Happy Birthday to you........and many more!