Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Curling Anyone?

I watched a few Curling events during the Olympics, and each time they are on, I think I really would enjoy playing that sport. Mr. Magoo and I did some research into it and found out that after each match tradition has it that you go get pizza and beer. Ok- so we REALLY like this sport now! In fact, we found out that after the Olympic event they have a place they all go, designed especially for them, so that each team can eat pizza and have a beer or two. Amazing!

Now that our interests were piqued, I wrote the US Curling Association, to see if there was a league in Indiana. A few days later, I got an email that there was some interest, but that no one had actually gotten a league together yet. Then to our surprise we got another email. A lady asked us if WE (of all people) wanted to head the league, and get it started!! Um- we don't really know what the sport is, we just liked the pizza and beer part! :) I think we will be turning that offer down...

I do hope they get a league started though! It sounds like fun!

No comments: