Saturday, February 25, 2006

Vegas...My Kind of Town!

Yesterday was packed with even more things, and of course more random events. You know your day is going to start off right when you get steak for breakfast. Not only steak, but chips and salsa too. Vegas seems to really be my kind of place! YUM! We did some shopping and stopped at the Luxor and Excalibur. While we were at the Excalibur, Mr. Magoo said that he enjoys playing Baccarat, and that it's a game that he can usually play for a few hours on a little money. So- we sat down at a table, where I told the lady that I didn't know how to play and she just smiled. We found out just 5 minutes later, that her smile was apparently because she was going to take all of our money rather quickly. We lost $100 in 5 minutes on that table. Lesson learned: Don't play Baccarat at a table in the Excalibur!


Mr. Magoo and I are always in pursuit of the perfect steak. He had gone to a place called Craft Steak before and said it was good, so we tried it last night. I am pleased to report that Craft Steak has taken a slight lead in taste and quality over Ruth's Chris for me. It was the BEST steak I have ever had I am pretty sure. It was Kobe beef, which of course is always a plus, but then the way it was prepared was amazing. I would say if you are in Vegas, check this place out!

I have been eyeing up the Star Wars slot machines, but until yesterday had yet to play them. We walked by them and I decided to play. Mr. Magoo was watching and said "Use the Force." We laughed and I took a spin. I got nothing for it and thought this would be a quick few dollars down the tubes. Then on the next spin I hit $125 bucks! The lady next to me was all excited for us, and we cashed out. Then later on in the day Mr. Magoo asked me if I was "feeling the force?" We chuckled and then sat down again. On the 3rd spin this time I won $129 bucks! So needless to say we are big fans of Star Wars..........the movie, AND the slot machine! :)

We went to see Penn and Teller last night, which was great! We were in the second row, center,, so a decent amount of the show was happening around us. After the show, we got to meet them, which was I have to say one of those things I have always wanted to do. The one thing that I've always sort of wondered about..."what does Teller really sound like?" NOW I KNOW! :) He was a really nice guy...but then again I would probably be nice to people too if each one had paid about $100 to see me each and every night! I digress. It was nice to finally hear what he sounds like and to actually get to talk to him. He is apparently from Norway, and has 3 children. His first wife and he got along rather well, until that unfortunate accident. Now though, he enjoys riding his horses, and just kicking back with friends. Ok- ok....So I only said a few words to him and didn't actually find ANY of this out about him. It is just a guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That's too COOL!!! I tried to respond to your post the other day but for some reason it didn't take. Looks like you guys are having a GREAT time!! And obviously doing okay when it comes to the winnings! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

vthat is too cool.