Sunday, April 2, 2006

What a Project!

Mr. Magoo and I decided to continue our eternal quest for a clean garage. For those of you who know us well, I'm sure you are laughing at this prospect! Ok- ok- so we know it is a huge undertaking, but we have been on this project for too long, not to finish it out.

I had the task of going through the kids clothing yesterday. That sounded like a decent project, and one that given 7 hours I would be able to complete~ WRONG! I started going through them, when Mr. Magoo hinted that he would like to see a large pile of them gone! My "Mother Gene" came through, and I wanted to save all of them because my babies wore them at one point or another. Once that was over, the reality of just how many clothes we had accumulated hit me, and the chore began. Aunt Magoo came over and we started going through the clothes together. When she walked in, I think she was in shock too at what I had saved!

Needless to say here is what was accomplished:
All of the clothes are organized and labeled
We have a HUGE pile of clothes to get rid of
Chicky Magoo 2 now has a brand new wardrobe
Chicky Magoo 1 wants to wear shoes that are 3 sizes too small because "they are cute"
Mr. Magoo seems to be happy that I was able to be more realistic with what to keep
I feel exhausted, but glad to be one step closer to a clean garage

Knowledge of Ms. Magoo (tm)
Wondering: How people collect so many things
Recent Project (other than sorting clothing!): Knitting a sweater
On My Mind: Does anyone else think they have Seasonal Affective Disorder? I could totally use one of these lights!

No comments: