Sunday, June 4, 2006

Water, water, everywhere!

If there is one lesson I have learned from my kids, is that kids brains definitely work in a different way than adults! Here is a story that proves this point:

Today, while filling up a jug of water, Mr. Magoo put Chicky Magoo 1 in charge of checking on the water in the garage. She asked Mr. Magoo if she should check to see how full it was. He, of course, told her that would be a good idea. So, she went out to the garage to check. I thought I heard dripping water, so I ran that way too, just to see what was going on in there. To my surprise, Chicky Magoo 1 is standing by the water jug, eyes wide opened. She had no idea that I had come in, and this is what she says to HERSELF in a low whisper no less. "Wow! THIS is a huge mess."

Now let me relay to you what an adult would do in this situation. Adult realizes that they haven't checked on the water. Adult runs to the garage saying "Oh **** I forgot to check the water." Then adult says nothing, while fixing the problem, OR yells at the closest person "We have some water here. Someone give me a hand." This is apparently not what runs through a child's mind. A child just stares at the problem thinking "I'm glad this isn't MY problem. It does look cool though."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is too funny