Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Sky Is Falling

Each time Mr. Magoo leaves town for a few days something major happens. I'm not sure why this phenomenon happens, but believe me, I'd like him to just stay put! :)

This time the kids had just gone to bed and I was watching tv and I heard an awful noise. I, of course, jump to the conclusion that someone was in the house. As I headed for the kids bedroom, I realized that the giant picture above our fireplace had fallen, knocking off some of the mantle decorations. What was even more scary was when I realized that just an hour before we were all sitting in the place the picture fell playing, ironically, the game Sorry.

So after a quick call to Mr. Magoo I found out that it seems the drywall was a little damp. Again, not good! At this point we are waiting on the builder to come over and take a look. It is supposed to rain today, so I'm sure we will get a better idea as to if it was damp, or just my imagination. (I did check it 3 times, just to make sure that I wasn't making this all up!) Now that Mr. Magoo is back, I think the builder might just get a call from him too, and I'm sure a trip to the attic is in order for him. I will keep you up to date as to what we find. I'm just hoping that we don't have to replace the whole thing. (or that if we do, it isn't at our expense!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should blame this whole thing on SANTA. He was the last one to use the chimney. Check to see if he has Insurance for this sort of thing. Keep us posted!!!!

Anonymous said...

So, how goes the rain situation?
MOM