Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A True Walmart Experience!

Today we made a family trek to Walmart. It is always an experience for me, as I tend to attract people that would like to tell me their life story, and it usually has something to do with jail time or how someone in their life is currently screwing things up for them. Interesting stuff, believe me. For some reason when I have the kids and Mr. Magoo as a buffer it doesn't happen. So I have learned to take them along on my trips to Walmart, so that I don't have a weird story to tell when I get home.

After our long shopping experience (of which the kids felt compelled to remind us every 3 minutes just how long it was), we were heading out the door to our car. As we walked outside I noticed a black cloud forming over a car in the lot. Then I saw the flames...to which I said something like "Oh man, is that our car?" (except that the word "man" came out sounding a lot like the word "*hi*") I quickly gave the keys to Mr. Magoo and told him that he needed to investigate , while I stayed with the kids. You know me, always a fan of the women and children hang out in the safe zone. Then came the fire truck. Boy are those things loud up close. On his way to the car, we realized that luckily it wasn't our car, but it was the one 4 cars down. YIKES~ that was close! The black smoke looked like it would be able to do some damage to cars around, so Mr. Magoo snuck in before the fire department could tell him to leave the area. He moved the car and we loaded our goods in at another location. Needless to say the kids had a lot of questions about why a car would suddenly catch fire!

Good ole' Walmart. Even when you go to extremes to NOT have a story, they find a way to give you one (at a rollback price too!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should stick to TARGETA:)

Anonymous said...

And we thought the EVANSVILLE Walmart parking lot was the one to avoid!