Friday, February 23, 2007

Birthday Happenings...

I had a good birthday! Mr. Magoo took me to one of my favorite restaurants for dinner. Yeah Outback!

It was, let's say, an interesting dinner. We started off by being told that the wait would be about 45 minutes. This was after Chicky Magoo 1's dance class, and when the kids were really ready for some food. Since it was going to be so long, he took the kids to Borders and I hung out to wait for a table. As I sat there I heard them tell people as long as an hour to an hour and a half. I've never understood why Outback continues to construct their buildings in a way as to have a weekday wait be at least an hour is beyond me. Oh well. Anyway- after 10 minutes the pager went off. Huh? So- I text messaged Mr. Magoo and told him I was already sitting at the table. As I was being seated I realized that there were at least 10-12 tables opened around ours. What's up with that I have no idea?

Once the kids and Mr. Magoo got back, we had of course, the Bloomin' Onion. We had the typical dinner, full of laughing and stories. We laughed so much that most of these pictures look like we are tired. :)

I had a nice drink. It was some sort of strawberry, lemonade thing that was pretty good.

The steaks were taking forever to get there, when Mr. Magoo said "You know, our steaks are going to be wrong when they get here." I said "Yes, I know." We just both had a feeling! Then they brought them. They were WRONG! His rare steak extra seasoning was medium extra seasoning, and my medium was well done!?! I think there is a reason that they don't use well done steaks in promotional material. It wasn't even worth taking a photo of myself. Yuck! It had already taken so long for our food that Mr. Magoo was getting a little mad at the whole thing. They brought his steak back and it was right this time. Thank goodness! My rule of thumb that I will be forgotten at a restaurant held up I guess. They hadn't brought mine yet, so again I waited. Later they brought mine and it was right too.

I forgot to mention that while we were waiting on the food the kids got a little restless. Chicky Magoo 1 said in a way that I could say "Common' lady! Where's our food? This is taking forever!"Chicky Magoo 2 had enough and just said "Poop!" Mr. Magoo told her we don't say that, so a few minutes later she says loudly so most of the people around us could hear "We don't say pee and poop!" She was very serious as she told us that. Um- yes Chicky Magoo 2, that is the rule! After Chicky Magoo 2 said this Chicky Magoo 1 couldn't control her laughter...which made us all laugh, and we ended up looking like a bunch of fools that laugh each time our kid says poop. Nice! (okay, but funny!)

By the time we got our food we didn't have enough time for dessert. It was a little crazy, but we did have a good time.

To make my birthday complete I needed a cake, so I crafted a "candle" out of the steak knife, and the "cake" was a baked potato. lol! I am a big fan of icing, but I wasn't about to wait 45 minutes for some. (check out Mr. Magoo's excitement about the evening!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have taken a picture of that "medium" steak. It was beyond well-done... it looked like beef jerky! Can you imagine how much beef jerky you could buy for $15?

Anonymous said...

Sounds just about right for me. I wish we could have been there for the crack-up time!!

Anonymous said...

I am very surprised that with your restaurant ordeals, you got anything to eat at all. Jeff does look a little ticked off (reminds me of his dad) but the kids look adorable as usual.

Anonymous said...

it is sad to admit that even though the experience sounded terrible, my mouth is still watering from seeing the outback sign.