Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Colts Rally at the RCA Dome!

Auntie Magoo 1, Uncle Magoo 1 and I went to the Colts Rally yesterday! They told everyone that the RCA dome would open at 3pm. The parade would be starting at 4pm and then the parade would go inside to the RCA dome for a rally afterward. So- off we went at 3pm to head downtown. We picked up Uncle Magoo 1 and got down around 3:45. Parking was another matter, and so at about 4:15 we were getting out of the car. The weather was FREEZING, and the windchills were at -20, but hey, we won the Super Bowl for crying out loud! I don't care what the weather was, we were determined to be down there! Once we parked we (along with everyone else down there) loaded up on the layers to head outside. Yikes- it was cold! I took Mr. Magoo's "Field and Stream" coat along with 3 other layers of clothing, 2 pairs of gloves and a super thick scarf. It was the height of fashion.! I looked like a man who weighted about 300lbs! Check it out....Sweet! :) I guess I thought I had to do the muscle pose too?!?

It was so fun to be downtown with everyone wearing blue. People were coming out from all over and screaming in the streets. We headed straight to the Dome thinking we would just skip the parade and hope for a warm seat. Good thing too, because when we got there at 4:30 the bottom section was full (or so we thought). Auntie Magoo 1 on the other hand begged to differ. She told Uncle Magoo 1 and me "Come on, we are going down." We both thought it was futile, but not Auntie Magoo 1. She was getting a good seat, no matter what! She got to the 9th row and found 2 seats. Then the guy in the row below it said we could have one of their seats. So- there we sat in the 9th row, while everyone else was filling in the top sections. GO AUNTIE MAGOO 1!

They had the game on, and we all watched it and cheered again, which I thought was a little funny. (since everyone there had already seen it before) The wave was going around quite a bit, while we waited. These two guys at the top section near the screen had a giant pair of cut-out scissors and a large poster with a picture of meat on it. People were cheering "CUT THAT MEAT" (like the Peyton Manning commercial) for a while. That was a good time.

The parade came on the jumbotron, and everyone went crazy! We all watched waiting for our chance to see the players. Then they cut to clips from the RCA Dome......AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (that was about all we could hear!) The crowd went wild each time they said the words "RCA Dome" on the newscast. It reminded me of some sort of word of the day. RCA Dome....AHHHHHH!

Some of the players even braved the cold in the parade and didn't sit on the bus! A big thank you to those guys! I thought that was the right thing to do. They even shook hands while they were in the parade. It was nice of them to come out and be seen, not just sit on the bus!

The music started up at the dome, and the crowd went wild! We could see on the screen that the team was waiting to come in, and it was insane!!!! As they played the music, the trophy came in with Dungy holding it. We were all jumping up and down screaming and of course feeling pretty good! They rode it around the stadium and everyone got to see it close up. I got a decent picture, but was jumping so much I didn't get that great of a shot. Auntie Magoo 1 got an AWESOME one, and I'll post it as soon as I get a copy of it. The players were dancing and running around too. I think some of them had their touchdown dances going on. It was great!

Then for me the biggest moment....Dallas Clark came over to right near our section and did some sort of jig. I think Auntie Magoo 1 got some video of the dance. Boo-ya! I love that guy!

Anyway- it was some good fun last night!

Leaving the RCA Dome...

Did you really think that was the trophy? ha ha Some guy had one on the street he had made for people to touch as they walked by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man i wish i could have been there! glad you guys were able to go cheer them on.

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that was BY FAR the COOLEST thing I've ever done downtown! GOOD TIMES!!!