Saturday, February 10, 2007

Ice Skating

Chicky Magoo 1 and I went out for some ice skating yesterday. It has only been about 15-20 YEARS since I was on skates, and this was her first time. It was a laugh! We suited up and walked on the skates for a few minutes to get used to just balancing on them. Then for some fun....we found the ice! They had walkers for the kids, but none for adults! (hey- what is up with that? The kids don't have that far to fall!) We went around the rink once and both Mommy and Chicky Magoo 1 took it pretty slow. Then by the second time Chicky Magoo 1 was having a great time and getting the hang of it. By the 4th time around she said "Okay- lets race!" She won of course! I didn't have a chance! We skated for about a hour and she was so proud of herself for skating. Then it was time to get off the ice, because they were going to play a game of hockey. Chicky Magoo 1 has asked to skate for about two years, and we finally got around to doing it, so she was VERY excited! By the way- I was the only person on the ice over about 18, but then again I was the only one who didn't fall either! Probably because I didn't really try any "tricks" like they were, but hey at least I didn't fall!

(PS. No that isn't a picture of me skating!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!