Monday, February 26, 2007

Computer Withdraw!!!

Without warning, my computer just decided that it wasn't going to turn on again?!? I tried to hard boot it after it wouldn't come out of sleep mode, but instead it just didn't ever turn on again. Mr. Magoo got to call Apple and see what was going on. Of course, they have no idea, and it will need to be sent in for repairs. My fear of losing all of my info on the computer might be coming true. No pictures, but some word documents for Tri Kappa that I would like to not have to redo. I know, I know, back it up! It isn't THAT important, just an annoyance! So now, I'm using Mr. Magoo's old Dell. Yes- this is the same one that I told him to get rid of, because it was too loud. I'd rather have loud than nothing at all though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BUMMER!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bummer :-(

FWIW, Apple treats you better if you have Applecare. I hope they treat you well. My dad managed to get a Powermac G5 replaced by a brand new Mac Pro (Applecare) and an iBook replaced by a Mac Book (no Applecare, but under warranty).

When you get it back from repair, let me recommend an external USB drive and SuperDuper! for backups.

Anonymous said...

we do have applecare, so let's hope for the best!