Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Give me the GOOD onions!

Have any of you ever had the experience of going to a fast food place and getting EXACTLY what you want? Yea- me neither! I used to have that experience. Not so much any more.

When I go to Micky D's I usually will get the #3, no cheese. (for those of you who aren't into the McOrder, it is a Quarter Pounder meal) Recently, I found out that if you say "#3 no cheese, and substitute the onions," you can actually get the GOOD hamburger onions on the quarter pounder! YES! Ok- Mr. Magoo actually found that out for me! :)

So- I've been on a mission when I go to McD's, to actually get that order right! So far, I've only gotten it right a few times. Yes, I order it exactly as they would type it into the computer, but of course it is misinterpreted back in the kitchen!!!

Now- I do have a solution, which seems obvious! When you type in the order up front it is usually pictures they have to look at. So- that is not the problem. In fact, when I get my wrong order about 85% of the time it says the right thing. They just didn't MAKE it right!

Once the order goes into the computer (again, usually done the right way), it then comes up on a screen in the back, and the cooks read it. When the cooks read the order on the screen it is in English. WHY?? Does anyone back there actually speak that language? In order to get it right, they should have it come up in Spanish. (or both English and Spanish, on the off chance that people would need both)

I am just SO sick of getting the wrong order! PLEASE someone get me the GOOD onions on this thing! (and STOP taking off random items like mustard, or ketchup!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me - #2, no pickles, extra onions, extra cheese! YUMMMMMMM! That's the best!

Anonymous said...

You should try Steak & Shake. You are guaranteed to get it wrong!!!!