Sunday, February 22, 2009

Frigid Digits

For 11 years now, Auntie and Uncle Magoo have held an annual Frigid Digits Party! It is an outdoor party in the cold! Yes- does this sound like me? Um- no! But they do have a fire pit, 2 kinds of home brew, a grill and of course there is my popular hangout.....INSIDE!

They had the usual crowd of about 50-100 people. I'm always amazed that you can get that many people to stand outside in the cold from noon til bedtime each year, but they must have more cold weather friends than we do.....then again, maybe it is just me being my usual baby self when it comes to the cold. :)

This year they incorporated a Keg Toss into the party. A frat brother of Mr. Magoo and Uncle Magoo 1 has been diagnosed with cancer of the spine. He and his wife are living in NY for a while to get treatment. So the Keg Toss was to help them out! You can read more about Jason HERE! Send prayers his way!!!

The keg toss had a Women's Division and a Men's Division. Not many know this, but our family has a history of winning such events! My cousin won a Keg Toss a few years back, so I had to try and keep the family legacy going in this sport!! Well Nate- I did us proud! Look at that toss!!! I threw the first keg, and I'm happy to say that I won the Women's Trophy! My distance held up for the rest of the day! Since it is a major award I will display it proudly at home. Maybe I'll have Mr. Magoo build a shelf and put some spot lights up so that it gets it proper placement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"And this, kids, is when Grandma won the keg toss contest!" LOL Good work!