Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Subway Lady

We were at Subway today and a lady came in to order while we were eating. I have to wonder what people are thinking sometimes. How do people live their lives in such a way that ordering Subway is something they think has to be done with flare?!? This lady starts talking loudly in a sort of fake sounding accent and saying extra things to the guy like "I HAVE to order these things! I'm buying it for my movers." and "My- they certainly don't like vegetables do they?" "Cheese? Well since they didn't specify let's just go with the 'regular' cheese. Who knows what they really want?" It made me want to say something to her. Does she think that movers are somehow a lower class than her? Or that people who don't order veggies are to be talked down to? Who knows? Of course, I didn't have the guts to say anything, but I did moan about what she was saying to Mr. Magoo at our table. Chicky Magoo 2 was with us, and she couldn't stop staring. She was quite a spectacle though! I just hope the movers she is taking this food back to can get through their day! Sheesh!

No comments: