Sunday, February 22, 2009

Strange Birthday Happenings

This morning I was up at 5:30- yep, I said 5:30!!! Why you ask would someone wake up on their birthday on a weekend at this odd hour? Well, this was not my plan, but Mr. Magoo was up and coughing so I couldn't sleep. Oh well....

Poor boy- he has had the flu for a few days now! I'm pretty sure the Chickies brought it home from school, because pretty much everyone I know has had it in their family too. I'm just hoping that our family isn't on the list of people who get any more of this fun stuff! :P For those of you wondering, no, we did not get flu shots. I am not a big fan of shots in general, but the flu shot just seems odd to me. Maybe it is me that is strange? I'm open to any arguments you might have to make us get one, but I'm just leery of it.

After everyone woke up this morning, my birthday began...hmmm, well sort of. I did some laundry and cleaned some bathrooms. Oh how fun!! But those germs don't know it's my birthday, so I thought I'd better do that before anything. Mr. Magoo had a 102 fever, and rested. Then I loaded up Chicky Magoo 1 and we went to lunch to chat and then of course Target. Chicky Magoo 2 was asked if she wanted to come, but she looked at me and said "No, I'll stay here with Daddy." Hmm- well I guess if she knew she was going to be watching Snow White next to Daddy I can see why she wanted to stay. While we were at lunch, the drinks came, and my sweet sweet Chicky Magoo 1 held up her glass and said "Happy Birthday Mommy! Cheers!" I thought that was so sweet that she was trying to make it special for me.

When we got home Mr. Magoo was still running a fever and not feeling well, so the girls and I knew we were going to be going to dinner sans Daddy. Auntie and Uncle Magoo 1 said we could come over and hang out there if we wanted. So off to play Wii at their house. Little did I know that they got me The Price Is Right game for my birthday!!! Woo-hoo! Come on Down!!

I decided this year that if I was 34 I had the right to decide that we were eating cake BEFORE dinner! Yes- that's right! I ruined EVERYONE'S appetite! Mr. Magoo had picked up a cake for me yesterday even when he wasn't feeling well. He knows how much I love birthday cake...well butter cream icing to be exact! This cake had so much icing that even I couldn't eat it all, and that is saying a LOT!

After ruining appetites and waiting a while, we went to Stir Crazy for dinner with Auntie and Uncle Magoo 1. It was a good time! Chicky Magoo 1 and I enjoyed watching them cook our meals. Chicky Magoo 2 enjoyed trying to eat french fries with chopsticks. I guess this shows the progression of eating Asian food in our family. Start with chopsticks, add Asian food later....
It was very weird celebrating my birthday without Mr. Magoo! I hope he feels better tomorrow.

I got lots of phone calls today wishing me Happy Birthday! My Dad was even able to find a phone in El Chalten, Argentina to call me! He is down hiking the glaciers and having a good time! So this would be my first birthday phone call from South America, or as Chicky Magoo 1 says "He almost in Antarctica!" Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I did have a good day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good times!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there - then 2 of us could have eaten fries with chopsticks. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated, Amy!!!! (Are you sure we are turning 34 this year?!)