Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's Ash Wednesday!

I've done some careful thinking about what to do for Lent this year! I usually think about this for at least a week and come up with about 5 things I could do, and then pick something from that list. I'm not sure what other people do for Lent, but I will usually pick something to give up, and then pick something to do that is positive.

This year for giving something up I have picked trying to make it on no fries. This one will probably be my biggest challenge I have undertaken. It doesn't seem like a big deal, but then again my fry obsession has gotten out of CONTROL!! Not only has the fry thing been there but in the past 6 months I have started to crave ranch dip. I am not a salad eater (refer to a few previous posts about this!), and I don't usually come upon a situation where I would have ranch. But a few months back I noticed that McDonald's had more than a few choices for chicken nuggets. (I apologize in advance if this is the first time you are learning this too. It will only lead to more consumption of sauces~) So I thought I'd give the ranch a try to see how the nuggets tasted with that. This of course lead to "Let me try that on fries!" Hmm- if it is good of fries, why not other things like the Southern Chicken Sandwich! How about...well, you get the idea. Why do I tell you all of this? Well, I told Mr. Magoo about my Lenten fry challenge, and he snidely said "I think ranch would be harder for you!" AHEM- excuse me? Did you just throw down a challenge? I honestly think he doesn't think I could do it. So Mr. Magoo- I'm here to tell you that starting today I will be on the Lenten Fry AND Ranch dip challenge!!! I'll keep you updated on my progress!

As for the something to do that is positive I'm still deciding on that. Any ideas?

So- goodbye my food friends!
I will see you in about 40 days.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is some serious stuff......fries AND ranch? Mr. Magoo...you're making it rough! Best of luck! It's going to be a good challenge : ) You can do it!!

Anonymous said...

Is this going to make you cranky? That's a REAL challenge if I've ever seen one! :)