Monday, April 6, 2009

8 Years Old!

Chicky Magoo turned 8 in March and she has been seeming older by the minute to me! What is it about the end of each school year that makes me realize, yes she is definitely acting more like a kid in the next grade, and less like the kid that started out at the beginning of the year? Years go by so quickly that you don't stop to think how much difference a year can make in a child. I think for children though, a year makes all the difference to them! To me as a child, a year felt like an eternity! As I got older a year didn't seem like "that long." But then I got pregnant...and again a year felt like an eternity! :) It is amazing what a difference a year makes!!!

We asked our lovely where she would like to go for dinner that night. Let me mention that Chicky Magoo 1 is a HUGE fan of a rare steak! Her first request was that we go to Ruth's Chris for her birthday and take the whole family. Umm- no. Seeing as we don't have $1000 laying around, and she did kind of want a present we had to rule this one out. ;) So we decided Outback would work. It was a nice dinner and Outback did surprise her with an ice cream at the end of dinner, which was nice. She and Chicky Magoo 2 had a delicious time eating it!

Then off to Auntie and Uncle Magoo 1s house for the celebration. I baked a cake this year and had the girls decorate it, since they enjoy doing that. I grabbed a few things to decorate with as we left our house, but apparently the "writing icing" I grabbed was to be used if you wanted your cake to look like you had written the letters with your toes! I have NO idea how people actually write with this stuff. This might be why it was at the grocery store aisle and not at a Wilton Cake Decorating Class.

I thought that I would help the girls out and start them with an H so they could finish "appy" and add "Birthday". Hmmm- turns out it looked horrible! Now if this were- in fact- a vampire cake, and that was written in blood, then okay, lookin' good! But this was supposed to be for my 8 year old girly, princess loving, scared by everything kid. Not exactly what I had in mind. I think the extra drop of red at the bottom left of the H really makes the whole thing! Wouldn't you say?

Even with my goof, they still had a blast, and were excited that they had a chance to decorate the cake, even if it was a mess!

Chicky Magoo got some fun gifts! She really enjoyed her day and had fun being 8! Happy Birthday Chicky Magoo 1!!! Can't believe I have an 8 year old!

1 comment:

Auntie Magoo said...

Happy Birthday Chicky Magoo 1!!