Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Older Muscle Cars

Since spring has sprung I have seen lots more old 'muscle cars' on the road. I don't really get this concept. Now I get that people enjoy fast cars. To me, who doesn't want to get somewhere in less time!?! But what I don't get are the ones such as the old Mustang or any older cars that need SO much maintenance and care that you baby the thing to death!

I see these guys in old cars and they really think they are something. "Come! Look at my car!" All I see is someone touting a car that you have to take great precautions to make sure the thing runs. It isn't cool people! Besides, we don't do this with other things in our lives! Why has the car become something that because it is old and running it is still cool?

Can you imagine doing this with your computers? "Come! Look at my PET computer! It takes a hell of a lot of maintenance and the thing is damn slow, but it still runs!" And who wouldn't want a computer that runs? Does a computer that has 4K of RAM really sound good to you? To me this is just like the car. Not as good and old! I often wonder do the rest of the things in their house look like the car? Do they enjoy old things? Or is it just the car? I'm sure I just don't get it. I would understand if they wanted to have something antique and use on occasion, but to drive around with it and try to look like you are in the 60s again just isn't cool. Feel free though to drive them, just know that I will be blowing by you in my "Mom-mobile MDX".

Yes. Them's throw down words.

1 comment:

Mr. Magoo said...

My Atari 800's 48k of RAM could so smoke that PET. Not to mention how cool I'll look carrying around a bag phone. You've really opened my eyes up to some possibilities!