Tuesday, April 14, 2009

In The Kitchen With Mrs. Magoo

Now- for those of you who are laughing and thinking "When does Mrs. Magoo EVER go in the kitchen?" Surprising, but I really do! I do however have rules to my cooking at home.

1- It can't take more than 30 minutes to make. (no I did NOT get this from Rachael Ray)
2- It has to be easy clean-up
3- Everyone has to like it who is eating it.

Now I'm careful on rule #3. It isn't that I think everyone should love my food. But I'm not slaving away in the kitchen to watch a 4 and 8 year old (well and 34 year old too) turn up their nose and not eat it. If I take the time to cook it, by damn, you will take the time to eat it! :)

And my Mom is thinking: If only when you were younger, you would have done this and actually eaten something for me that would have been nice. But no- instead she had 3 kids, all of which liked different things. I just have 3 people in my family who like only 2 things...meat and potatoes. It makes it hard to come up with varying recipes. How many ways can you make these things taste different? Well spices mainly!!!

Here is a recipe that I LOVE! It fills the requirements, because I can make it with or without each ingredient to suit the entire family. It is always a hit, and it tastes like I actually know what I'm doing!

Dijon Chicken
6 large boneless chicken breasts
6 T. Dijon mustard
Sage leaves
12 thick slices of bacon.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Use a baking sheet and put foil down. In my case I make little sections of foil with "walls" so that no ones touches anyone elses. God forbid the mustard taint Mr. Magoos! Then put the chicken down, and spread the mustard over each one. Please a sage leaf on top of that and cover with 2 slices of bacon. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.

If anyone tries this give me a shout and tell me how it went!

2 comments:

Auntie Magoo said...

LOVE this recipe.......let me know what time it;s done and we'll be over!!

Ms. Magoo said...

I'll be making it tonight about 5:30! :)